Well, Velocity Digital is one today! I can’t believe it! I’ve worked with some amazing clients and partners over the past 12 months, and I have to thank each and every one of them! My quick thoughts on my first year in business and some tips:
- I’ve learned more in one year that I have in the rest of my career combined
- Pricing is hard, very, very hard
- There are people out there that want you to fail
- But the majority will be rooting for you
- It is ok to make mistakes (I’ve not made many, but the key thing is being able to fix them)
- Clients love a no-bulls*** approach and they should be prepared to be on the end of ‘spade is a spade’ approach. This works both ways!
- Getting paid can be a drag, but professional invoices help!
- You need to be prepared to shift your business functions in order to meet demand – Velocity is now quite different to my initial vision
- If you expect praise, forget it, and never seek it
- Always be ready to learn from your clients
- Learn you client’s industry inside out, if you don’t you’ll struggle to offer the best solutions
- Often the best projects are the ones you thought you’d get no satisfaction from
- It isn’t all about satisfaction
- It is the best choice I’ve made. The ability to do things your way without influence from above (not god!) is amazing
Just a slice of my thoughts! I had a party today, check out the wild, behind-the-scenes footage in the video below:
You can find out more about Velocity Digital here or read my latest social media, digital and content marketing posts here – Follow @mike_mcgrail
Week 6 and the launch has stuttered a little…
This Service is Delayed…
Today was supposed to be the day that I revealed my business to the world. Unfortunately, there will be no such unveiling as there is still work to do on the site. We are trying to do something pretty nifty to do with responsiveness of the site to mobile devices etc and it is proving a little troublesome, however, it will not defeat my super-clever developer and all will be well! I expect that I will be able to fully launch at some point this week, if not early next.
It Has to be Perfect
The thought of ‘going live’ without the site being absolutely spot-on makes me throw up a little in my mouth. There is nothing worse than a false start, especially with such important ‘shop fronts’ as websites. Perfection can be a dangerous beast, as when do we know if it has actually been reached? When I searched Google for ‘the strive for perfection’, it returned an article with this quote from Sir Henry Royce:
“Strive for perfection in everything you do.
Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist. Design it.”
Sounds easy, right?
Yesterday, I tackled a lot of the admin fundamentals of getting my business off the ground – things like VAT registration etc. One of said tasks was to find a bank that would be a nice match for my needs as a new business owner. I took my query to Twitter and perhaps a little optimistically expected one of the banks to respond. In fact, knowing social media and how financial service organisations are really struggling to get to grips with it, it was highly optimistic!